Thursday, March 22, 2007

House hunt


So Husband and I are talking about buying a real house. I have loved my townhouse...but it has gotten a bit snug in here since the wedding. Every weekend, just about, we have gone to open houses in the neighborhoods we like...and each week we see things we like. Sadly not one house has had everything. I think I am over thinking it though, I keep imagining spending the next 10 years in these houses and I wonder if I would like to have the fridge right there or the stairs like that or do we want an island in the kitchen? Do I need a jaccuzzi tub? How about a hot tub? Walk in closet? 3 beds or 4? Game room? 3 car garage? Big yard or small yard? Could we pull up the carpet? What if the kitchen was yellow? Granite or tile? Carpet or hardwood? Ranch? Colonial? Split level? Big or little? Does R like it? Do I like it? AAAHHH!!!!!

This process reminds me of dating...I would meet someone and think...if his hair was a little different or he dressed better or was nicer, I think I could see myself with him. Once I found R I knew that feeling everyone talks about is real...you just know. So I am waiting for the house that we walk in and I just know that I can could marry this house and be very happy and content to burp and not wear makeup in it!



3 comments:

jmb_craftypickle said...

you are so funny! My house...it wasn't what I "thought" that I wanted, but after we saw it...I had a dream about it and then I guess that was that....7 years later, it looks a bit better (not perfect) but home.
Good luck on the hunt

Kelly said...

Yes, house hunting can be so fun and so hard at the same time. When we found our house we knew that it was ours. We also had one child who was four months old and I was not working out of our home. We did not have any friends or a church or need to look at schools.

Now we have two preschoolers who are rambuncious and have a lot of toys. I work two jobs out of the home, and preschool is coming up. All of our friends live on the other side of town. Needless to say we are outgrowing our little house and would like to be closer to friends and church and possible schools. So we will be on the house hunt next year. Luckily this area is growing so fast that we have a heap of equity already in two and a half years.

So I would project at least a little bit into the future (kids?) and buy in an area that is growing so if it's not what you want later you can sell it without feeling jipped.

Tips: a split bedroom house is not ideal for babies- getting up several times in the middle of the night is not fun. (plus it always made me a little anxious having them all the way across the house.)

Two words: BONUS ROOM

Two more words: SOAKER TUB

Can you tell that I have been searching for homes lately too?
Love you friend.

Angie said...

" So I am waiting for the house that we walk in and I just know that I can could marry this house and be very happy and content to burp and not wear makeup in it! "

hilarious. truly truly hilarious.