Monday, June 16, 2008

Gluten Free for me!!!

Well...R confronted me on Friday about my diet...I was not too happy about it but I knew he was right. i was diagnosed over a year ago as being gluten intolerant. Meaning I need to avoid anything made with Wheat, Rye, Barley...most all flour products. I was really good when it first happened and felt so much better. Well I have gotten really lax because it seemed to not be such a big deal. R pointed out that I was consuming LOTS of gluten and not feeling well at all. he asked me to try to give it up and see how I felt. OH MY GOSH!!! I feel so much better it is not even funny. I mean I feel like an idiot because I was eating all this crap and basically making myself feel worse and then blaming it on the pregnancy. the last 3 days have been amazing...I have energy and I am only burping/gagging a couple times a day. I wish I had figured this out for myself but I am so thankful that R was kind enough to point it out! HOORAY!!!

2 comments:

Anna said...

The nurses always told me if you feel yucky during your pregnancy, it means everything is going well! So, it could be a good thing. But having a helpful hubby is good medicine too I see! I am so excited for you! Remind me to connect with you the next time I drive through P-Town.
love
a

emilyruth said...

good job, kate!
it's not easy but if it makes you feel that much better it's totally worth it, right?

it was fun to see you & your tummy this weekend:)
hopefully i will get in gear & have a minute to connect with you soon...
soon
soon
soon