Sunday, January 7, 2007

How much do I love this?

A group of cheerleaders were knocked from thier purch in middle america this week and who of us does not smile just a little bit?

In high school I was no where close to being a cheerleader...in fact I was about the size of two of them...and it always bothered me the way they flaunted around in their little skirts and sweaters acting as if they did not have a care in the world. I am sure they did, like which guy to date and how tan is too tan. I think this situation shows a sign of how bad things have gotten. Aparently these girls where openly defiant of teachers and parents. Talking on cell phones in class, when they were there and supposedly bullying their coaches. It is appalling to me where things have gone...is anyone else sick of it?

When was the last time you were driving and got cut off by a teenager talking on a cell phone and pretty well ignoring everyone in the world. Or turned on MTV to watch some spoiled brat complain that her Daddy was unable to buy her some famous rapper for her party? Or how about the last time you were able to go to a movie and not have a bratty teen get up and down 12 times to talk on the phone or chat with friends? How about trying to wrangle a child and bags and had a teen run through a door ahead of you and not even pause to hold the door for you?

I admit it...I am getting to the age where I understand why my dad and mom where so addament about us having manners. May you all raise children who open doors for people and sit quietly at a movie!


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/01/07/wcheer07.xml

3 comments:

emilyruth said...

dreams are good things to have...

:)

jmb_craftypickle said...

I breezed through the article...but I was struck by the lawyer saying that "Grown-ups needing to act like Grown-ups"

Can I get an AMEN!!!

I think that most of society's problems would be totally solved if we could just figure that one out....

jmb_craftypickle said...

I meant an Amen??!!

Oops!