Friday, January 19, 2007

Has the media gone too far?

Ok I am sure you all yawned at that title...no I am not bashing tabloids or magazines, I love my magazines and www.popsugar.com! What I wonder is if they have taken us too far into the world of our celebrities? I was watching greys anatomy last night feeling tortured for George and his dad and oh so sad...and then he held Kali's hand and I thought "oh wierd...isn't he gay?" no joke. And then Burk comes on the screen and I am mad at him...but not really Burk...but him, the real life mean name caller him.
Seriously, we know WAY too much about the real lives of these celebrities and it is beginning to ruin my shows. I have started watching 90210 reruns because I don't know anything about their real lives...except that shannon dougherty is a biatch, but then so is Brenda so that works for me. I may have to start taping all the shows and watching them in 10 years when they are all has beens and are no longer on Ellen and the Golden Globes.

Has the media ruined any of your favorite stories?

5 comments:

Rachael said...

I can't watch George witought getting confused too. But really I think he is terrible at acting straight. I think they are going to have to turn him gay on the show to make anything he does believable!

Rachael said...

somehow i logged in as jacob and rachael - jake had no part in this comment!

emilyruth said...

okay
i've been thinking about this for a few days
& though i always forget to watch grey's now
because it's on thursday
i'm not sure if it would make a difference to me

i could easily watch will & grace knowing that eric mccomack is straight
& love him as gay will

sex & the city?
carrie is the poster child for single girls in nyc
doesn't matter a bit that sjp is married with a kiddo

the only thing i could think of that is hard to watch without thinking 'whaaa?'...
crossroads
britney as a virgin
puleeze

:)

jmb_craftypickle said...

Ahhhh, Britney....

I agree with Em...my life is too real, so I watch TV for the reality escape. Maybe you just don't like George??

He does blink A LOT!

Kelly said...

What's funny is that I love Grey's Anatomy and I never have time to watch it so I watch it online later. I had no idea George was gay in real life, but that does explain some awkwardness, and I have no idea what Burke did in real life, but I know it was not nice. I prefer to not think of them as real people. =)

By the way, I finally added a blog.