Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thankful...and still lost.

I am so happy to report I had a beautiful Thanksgiving and I still lost 2 pounds!!! The ladies at the meeting were so happy and surprised. I showed up at exactly 7am...and told them I had tried to be good. Only ate half my roll and one kind of pie. They called me a "stinker"...lol. I guess they were not expecting a loss...or for anyone to show up. I was thrilled! I had made an effort to enjoy the holiday and not make it about eating food. Hard, but not impossible. I thought about the flavors and textures and sights. I thought about how I could have some of all the things I wanted...but not too much. I had some of each thing...but no seconds. One piece of pie with non fat whip cream. I was happy, satisfied and not stuffed. Not ill from all the excess. Proud!

I am hoping to be down 9 more pounds by Christmas...I will keep on posting and I hope someone will be inspired to join me. It is not hard...it just takes beleiving you can succeed. If I can, you can!

2 comments:

emilyruth said...

nice going kate!
i am proud of you!
:)

Kelly said...

You are so amazing! How in the heck? I think I gained like twenty pounds on Thanksgiving alone. It also doesn't help that my mother in law lives down the street and she bakes all the time and then brings it all to my house and leaves it on the porch. What am I supposed to do, not eat it. I don't think so!
Anyway, you are my hero. Keep going! You can do it! Love you KW! Hey we have the same initials now! Cool!

P.S. If you are still unemployed maybe a small trip to the wonderful city of Boise, ID would be just what you need. Just an idea...