Friday, December 21, 2007

Hard...Hard...Hard

This week has been VERY hard. I was not able to weigh in a week ago due to some confusion between locations of my WW meetings. I weighed in the next week and had gained .8. I almost cried. I mean really, not an entire pound but I felt like a failure. Strange that I have tied so much to a number. I am anxious thinking about weighing, I obsess over what I eat the day before. Not just for calories but for the actual weight of the food. I am beginning to question the reason I am doing this. Do I find my worth in a number? Does my success or failure as a person equate to a number on a scale?
I took this week off, no counting...thinking it would clear my head. Instead I feel like a rebel. I am eating fudge and cake. Getting DQ treats.
I need balance.
I need balance.
I need balance.
This week I am going to try again. Try to follow the program and not let the number be my worth. I would apreciate any prayers...I believe God cares about this stuff, so if you have a minute I could use the support.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You're right, God does care. He cares about you. Not how much you weigh. He cares about your body working, not the size you wear. He cares about how you feel inside, not how you think you look to people. He cares about you relying on His strength, not your own. You, my friend, have always been successful. You are so gifted and talented and gosh darnit people like you. Maybe God wants to show you just how much you need Him to do this. Lean on Him. Lean hard. Put the stress and worrying and thoughts on Him and see what He can do with it. You know I will be praying for you. I know how hard you've worked on this before. I have not doubt you will be successful again. Love you.
P.S. cute christmas card, thank you!

jmb_craftypickle said...

yes...the comfort of food...the necessity of food...
Developing a normal relationship with it.

Hard work, I think that we need to try to love ourselves the way that it feels when we eat that extra something...confused?
Me too, know that you can do this and small steps are what it is all about. One inch at a time sometimes. Keep it up, maybe this is just a bump in the road for you.
:)

emilyruth said...

so sorry i missed this post...

i love you...
:)