Saturday, January 12, 2008

My favorite store...and the weigh in!!!

So Friday I weighed in after a week of being very vigillant. I dropped 2.4!!! I am now at my lowest weight since being back on WW! I am so happy. I think being back to work is helping. I have more of a schedule and I am too busy to cook. so I eat whatever sweet R perpares for us! So kind of him. I am going to keep on...hopefully I can get to my first 15lb goal by valentines day!

My favorite store: For many people who know me this may be surprising. I am the girls who buys most of my clothes at JCrew, shoes at Nordstrom and makeup at Bare Escentuals. I have Ralph Lauren Dishes, towels and sheets. So you can see that I like name brands, new and clean! But I have a secret love affair with....the grocery outlet! I know, shocking! I went the first time to buy tick tacks. I had spent a few years teasing my Mother in Law about going there, I called it the "used food store" She swore it was fabulous...all I could think of was goodwill. ick.

Then on a trip she had these fabulous tick tacks. They were huge and yummy, of course she bought them at the grocery outlet. I humbled myself and went to find them.
Now for those who have never been to a grocery outlet you may think like I did...all the food would be wierd white labels with black type "peas". I was SO wrong. First thing in the doors was a HUGE crate of cheeze its for 99 cents. The boxes were banged up a bit but that was all...I bought 6 boxes. I walked though with my mouth agape. Tampons half the price of Costco. The $3 soy creamer at safeway was 79 cents and had more than a week left to expire. I was hooked! I do 80% of our shopping there. I get lunches in the freezer section and the most I ever pay is 2.49. I get pasta, crackers, all our cleaning supplies, candy, chips, cereal, granola bars, ice cream...if it comes in a box I get it there and I save about $100 a month on lunches alone.
I am in love...we date once a week. It is a great adventure, never know what I am going to find, it is new all the time. Aussie shampoo 2 bottles for 2.99 just last week!

1 comment:

jmb_craftypickle said...

ha ha ha
This is so funny...I love what you wrote...I am still smiling and laughing. MY M-I-L was going on and on about the great wine that her friends buy there...they call it the rainbow store, it took me a while to figure that one out!